October 23, 2017 –
I got to chat with Harry Stebbings and Jason Lemkin on the SaaStr Podcast. Check out the episode here.
We covered a range of topics including:
- How I made the transition from successful operator with 3 IPOs under his belt to investing in the next generation of enterprise companies with Mayfield?
- What do I mean when he says “startups do not die of starvation, they die of indigestion”?
- How does this realisation affect my approach to customer profiling and segmenting customers?
- Why do I believe that “early product market fit can be misleading”?
- How do I look to provide context and action from numbers and analytics in the early days?
- How do I feel that founders should approach gross margin from the early days?
- How should this relationship and thought process towards gross margin change over time?
- Why do I believe that retention is the number 1 metric for SaaS founders to focus on? In the stack of metrics, how does this compare to gross margin, CAC/LTV and payback period?